What is Enterprise Content Management?
Enterprise Content Management describes the approach organizations take in managing the end-to-end lifecycle of their content, from origination to disposition, while providing the flexibility to access and deliver digital content across all channels and devices.
Business leaders must create a connected and digital workplace to empower their employees with contextual information and easy access to content, thereby driving more informed interactions with internal and external customers.
With functionalities ranging from capturing content from multiple sources, managing it in a secure centralized repository, and making information accessible across content-centric processes, Newgen enables business leaders to build a boundaryless workplace with anytime-anywhere content access.
How has ECM Evolved?
Why Modernize ECM?
An outdated ECM software can hurt your organization in more ways than you’d think. Enterprise content management modernization is the key to creating an agile, sustainable, and future-proof organization. Listed here are 10 main reasons to modernize ECM:
- Customers expect contextual engagement
- Interactions must be omnichannel
- Content is pervasive and is continuously evolving in its format and scale
- Operations require intelligent automation
- Workforces must be customer-centric, productive, and able to work remotely
- Enterprises must be collaboration-driven
- Operations must be elastic and agile
- Security, risk, and compliance requirements are constantly changing
- Digital business models demand an extended enterprise
- Legacy enterprise content management infrastructure can be extremely difficult to manage and support
What to Look for in an Ideal
Enterprise Content Management Software?
- Multi-channel content management for digital customers
- Analytics for contextual customer interaction
- 100% accurate content capture for faster turnaround time
- Speedy capture, storage, and access of voluminous content
- Automated operational workflows to serve customers better
- Robotic process automation for lightspeed tasks execution
- Fast deploying, upgrading, and recovering functionalities
- Extensibility with content services integration/aggregation
- User-centric modularity across ECM application landscape
- Enterprise-wide content application access
- Tracking capabilities for continuous improvements and ensuring timely actions
- Repository agnostic to connect disparate document management systems
- Microservices around records management, archival, process workflows, business rules, etc.
- Microservices architecture to deploy selected services in different environments, such as public, private, and hybrid
How Does Newgen Solve for Your ECM Needs?
Content Lifecycle Management
Create, manage, share, and archive different types of content while enabling anytime-anywhere access. Provide complete flexibility to access and deliver digital content across channels and devices
Business Process Digitization
Digitize front-and back-end processes while intelligently capturing and extracting critical information from paper and digital documents. Leverage low code content workflow capabilities to ensure rapid design and development of content-centric applications
Enable anytime-anywhere access, management, and real-time collaboration. Foster a hybrid culture with robust integration and empower employees with smart search and intelligent recommendations
Utilize AI-powered capabilities for accurate content extraction, automatic document classification, and sentiment analysis for smarter decision making. With model training studio, learn about new types of content for classification and metadata extraction
Governance and Compliance
Ensure safe access to content while maintaining security against unauthorized access to information. Enable long-term retention and disposition of enterprise records. Mitigate risk and meet regulatory compliances with records management certifications