Last updated on: June 18, 2021
Scope and Consent
If you reside in India, you are contracting with Newgen Software Technologies Limited, located at A-6, Satsang Vihar Marg, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110 067, India. If you reside outside of India, you are contracting with one of the international Newgen .
A complete list of Newgen’s registered offices is available here: View All Newgen Offices
“Personal information” is any information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person, whether from that data or from other information that Newgen has, or is likely to have, access to. Newgen does not consider “Personal Information” to include information that has been made anonymous or has been aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Changes to This Notice
Newgen may collect, process, and retain personal information from you, and any devices (including mobile devices) that you may use, when you use our services, provide your information via our web forms, update or add information to your account, or otherwise correspond with Newgen regarding our services.
The personal information Newgen may collect includes the following:
- Personal information that you share when you use Newgen’s services or register for an account with Newgen. This includes:
- Identifying information, such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, or email addresses, shared when you register for an account with Newgen or submit a demo request to Newgen
- You may also provide Newgen with other information through web forms, by updating or adding information to your account, or through your participation in community discussions, chats, and dispute resolution processes, and/or when you otherwise correspond with Newgen regarding our Services
- Additional information that Newgen is required and/or authorized, by applicable national laws, to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you, or to verify the information that Newgen has collected about you
- Personal information that Newgen collects automatically when you use our services, submit a web form, or register for an account with Newgen. This includes:
- Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services, by any application on your mobile device, in your device’s “Settings” menu
- Computer and connection information, such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our websites, referral URLs, ad data, your IP addresses, your browsing history, and your web log information
Personal Information We Collect Using Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
For more information about the use of these technologies, and how to control them, see Newgen’s “Notice on Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies.”
Depending on the type of browser you are using, your browser’s default settings may allow all cookies to be set.
Use and Retention
Newgen uses the aforementioned personal information to:
- Provide and improve our services
- Provide you with a personalized experience on our websites
- Contact you about your account and Newgen’s services
- Provide customers with specific information or services
- Provide you with personalized advertising and marketing
- Detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities
Newgen may retain your personal information as long as is necessary and relevant for our operations. Additionally, Newgen may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with any applicable national laws, prevent fraud, collect any owed fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions that are permitted or required by the applicable national laws.
You have a choice about how Newgen should use your personal information to communicate with you, send you marketing information, and provide you with customized and relevant advertising, as well as whether you want to remain subscribed to Newgen’s communications.
You can control the methods by which Newgen may contact you and choose which marketing communications you want to receive. Also, you can control your preferences and settings for member-to-member communication.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Newgen, you can unsubscribe using the link in any marketing e-mails you receive, change your communication preferences within your Newgen account, or indicate your communication preferences by responding to any direct communication from Newgen. Keep in mind, Newgen does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Newgen protects your information using our best-in-the-industry technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. To view Newgen’s third party certifications, you can visit our “About Us” page.
If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us following the instructions in the “Questions or Complaints” section below.
Questions or Complaints
GDPR Information – for Our European Union Visitors and Customers
For the purpose of GDPR, the data controller of your personal data, disclosed via the Newgen website for marketing and informational purposes, is Newgen Software Technologies Limited, A-6, Satsang Vihar Marg, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110 067, India.
Newgen does not solicit or require, nor should you disclose to Newgen, any sensitive personal data, submitted via Newgen’s website or otherwise. Sensitive personal data may include, but is not limited to, social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religion, or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership status.
Newgen will only process your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy laws. We require certain personal data in order to provide you with access to the information you request on our website.
Your data, including any personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored by, and processed by Newgen and our affiliates, as well as other third parties within/outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to, India, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world.
We will only retain your personal data for marketing purposes during the period of time that we retain your consent, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (ex. for regulatory purposes). We will request continued consent to retain your data on an annual rolling basis.
We do not use your personal data for the purpose of automated decision making.
Opt-out: You may contact us at any time to opt out of (i) direct marketing communications, (ii) our collection of personal data, (iii) any new processing of your personal data that may be carried out beyond the original purpose of data collection, and/or (iv) the transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Please note that your use of some of Newgen’s website and your ability to receive additional information may be ineffective or limited upon opting out.
- You may access the data we hold about you at any time, via your profile/account or by contacting us directly
- You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data
- In certain situations, for example when the data we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data
- Newgen does not provide direct services to you using the personal data you disclose via our website. So, while you have the right to request that your data be moved, our data usage activities do not necessitate that we move your data to another third party in order to continue receiving our services
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to address any other questions you may have about your personal data, and our use of your personal data