A low code platform lets you build enterprise-grade applications quickly and easily with many added advantages, paving the way towards digital transformation.
Does this statement trigger a series of questions in your mind, such as-
- What is a low code platform?
- How can low code help in digital transformation?
- What are the benefits of using low code for enterprises?
- How can I choose the best low code platform for my enterprise?
If yes, then let’s unravel the answers to these questions.
The Success Rate of Digital Transformation is Alarmingly Low!
As business dynamics are rapidly changing, enterprises are battling to execute their digital transformation strategies and initiatives. A Mckinsey report mentions that years of research on digital transformations has shown that the success rate for these efforts is consistently low: less than 30 percent succeed! To understand the why of this, let’s dive into the common challenges faced by enterprises in their digital journeys:
- Inadequate governance due to shadow IT
- Manual processes at the back end, despite digitization of front office operations
- Delayed response to emerging business needs due to lack of agile operations
- Inability of IT teams to respond well to end-customer needs
- Inadequate skilled IT experts to handle daily and complex business needs
- Complications in scaling business processes when required
The Solution Lies in The Right Technology
For successful transformation, you need a new-age technology that fuels your operations with speed and agility while rationalizing costs. It should enable you to comply with all regulatory norms and enhance governance.
According to a study commissioned by SAP, “up to 93 percent of companies agree that innovation technologies are key to achieving their digital transformation goals.” To succeed in your digital initiatives, you must break down your larger transformation objectives into smaller and more manageable goals and invest in the right technology. Identifying and implementing the appropriate technology and tools can help you optimize your systems and processes and accelerate your digital journey.
Low Code Platform is Your Best Shot!
A low code platform allows you to develop complex business applications rapidly with minimal coding. It can help you automate your business processes, from simple departmental functions to complex enterprise-wide operations, while gaining speed and agility.
Using low code, you can leverage a modelling-driven environment for building simple and complex applications with point-and-click configurability.
Acing Digital Goals with Low Code Platform: A Closer Look
Here are some of the key benefits that you can achieve with these platforms:
- Empower IT Teams for Optimum Resource Utilization: Your IT teams spend long hours maintaining systems with periodic updates, compliance checks, and various performance measurements. Low code can help you minimize this burden by automating such recurring tasks, allowing IT experts to focus on other important activities.
- Fulfill Customer Expectations by Responding Quickly: Today’s tech-savvy customers want you to respond quickly to their needs. With these platforms, you can quickly respond to customers’ needs by developing and deploying applications rapidly. Also, you can deliver a personalized customer experience using customizable applications.
- Enhance Governance and Reduce Shadow IT: Shadow IT is an area of concern for enterprises as it accrues technical debt and affects its overall risk monitoring. Low code offers a collaborative work environment and reduces dependencies on third-party applications. It helps reduce shadow IT through central governance and visibility.
- Handle Complex Business Needs with Faster Go-to-market: A low code platform with well-designed functional capabilities like drag-and-drop tools, helps developers handle a range of complex business and technological needs. These platforms enable faster development of complex business applications in a short period, fostering quick innovation and rapid go-to-market.
How To Choose the Right Low Code Platform for Your Enterprise?
While these platforms are critical for your digital initiatives and goals, choosing the right fit based on your business needs is critical. You can take cues from the below considerations for choosing a platform that can boost your digital transformation efforts:
- Extensive Integration Capabilities: The platform should allow you to seamlessly integrate with all your business applications, backend workflows, databases, content repositories, and other systems.
- Easy-to-use Interface and Tools: An ideal platform comes with a visual, guided, and declarative interfacewith a drag-and-drop tool and point-and-click configurability. These interactive and easy-to-use features empower you to develop and deploy robust full-stack applications quickly.
- Intelligent Tech Capabilities: Using the platform, you should be able to leverage artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) for predicting the impact of strategic and tactical changes, facilitating informed decision-making.
- On-demand Scalability and Flexibility: Some business operations require deploying complex applications and upscaling processes. The platform should have the flexibility to develop mission-critical applications and upscale operations to ensure the long-term sustainability of business applications.
- Effortless Application Deployment: The platform should have extensive deployment capabilities, including cloud-based, on-premises, and hybrid options. These features combined with DevOps tools can help streamline application development while delivering features, bug fixes, and timely updates.
- Reduced Shadow IT and Better Compliance: The platform must prevent shadow IT practices by enabling central governance, visibility, and guardrails. With this in place, applications developed on the platform must adhere to secure coding standards and stay consistent throughout the system.
To learn more about how low code platforms can accelerate your digital transformation initiatives, watch our webinar, “Accelerate Digital Transformation with Low Code” where experts from Infosys, Forrester, and Newgen share their valuable insights and experiences.