Writing long codes to create applications is so yesterday. If you’re looking to unlock speed and innovation at your enterprise, it’s time you switch to low code.
Why Low Code?
Emerging Business Needs
Times are changing, and business needs are evolving rapidly. IT teams across industries are under pressure to deliver value to businesses faster as customers want to experience modern digital services, and they want it quick. But providing such services is not as easy as it sounds.
Businesses need to deploy intelligent and robust technologies to handle such new-age requirements and transform their operations.
Low Code Trends for 2021 and Beyond
The traditional method of application development acts as ‘the hurdle’ in the path of digital transformation since the conventional way of application development is:
- painstakingly long and slow
- prone to human errors
- complex to understand
- unscalable and expensive
To enable digital transformation and improve customer experience, enterprises need to rethink their application development methods and upgrade accordingly.
Cometh the “Low Code Platform”
Low code platforms simplify the entire application development cycle by enabling IT professionals and citizen developers to develop business applications rapidly without going through the traditional lengthy methods. This platform employs visual and declarative techniques like drag-and-drop tools, thereby minimizing manual coding.
According to a Gartner study, “Globally, most large organizations will have adopted multiple low-code tools in some form by year-end 2021.” Low code is becoming a mainstream choice in insurance companies, banks, and the public sector to solve complex business needs and enable agility.
Low Code: Key Benefits to Help You Seize the Future
In a nutshell, low code can simplify and speed up the application development process. But that’s only a part of the story. Here are the other key advantages that a low code platform offers:
- Empowers Citizen Developers – Low code reduces the dependency on IT development team by enabling citizen developers to translate their business requirements into sophisticated applications, all on their own.
- Handles Complex Business Needs with Faster TAT – A low code platform, loaded with well-designed functional capabilities, helps developers handle a range of complex business and technological needs. These platforms enable faster development of complex business applications in a short period, fostering quick innovation and rapid go-to-market.
- Optimizes Costs – Low code can significantly reduce application development and maintenance costs by enabling rapid development and innovation in less time through an optimum IT headcount.
- Efficient App Governance – Application & data governance activities, including security certifications, continuous upgrades, compliance checks, and performance measurements, take up a significant amount of time of the IT team, hampering productivity. Low code platform empowers the IT & DevOps teams to manage applications with full capability for compliance and governance.
Low code platforms are intelligent, efficient, and agile− thus, entirely in sync with a fast-changing business environment and emerging customer needs. It’s time you rethink how you develop applications and get your business going with an intelligent low code platform.
Read more about how you can leverage low code to unlock the potential of your business through this whitepaper.