The client is counted among the leading Air Forces in the world. They are a modern, technology-intensive force distinguished by their commitment to excellence and professionalism. They have started upgrading their combat aircraft fleet in the last few years in order to enhance their operational capability and maintain their aircraft as modern weapon platforms.
The client required a solution to facilitate the scanning and digitization of physical documents. The solution needed to be capable of designing and collecting information via e-forms. The client also required rights-based access and version management for the documents and a workflow tool to design and publish e-forms etc.
- The client needed an Enterprise Content Management System that could archive, search and retrieve various documents
- A huge amount of documents was required to scan, index, and archive backlog documents for more than 40 Lacs pages in the ECM
- The client needed to design e-forms and publish them on their portal. The forms were required to be filled by the officials and after approval; these were to be archived
- Another vital requirement was security features like access through User ID and password, various levels of access rights like view, print, download, delete, etc
- Seamless integration with email server and other existing systems
- Document retrieval was a time-consuming process as a request was made by an Officer and then the documents were manually searched in the stores.
OmniFlow – Business Process Management was used to design the e-forms. The workflow provided comprehensive routing, rules, alerts, escalations, exception management, reports, visibility, SLA management, etc. The system had an inbuilt mechanism of reminders, alerts, and escalations for the timely resolution of an issue within the given timeframe. The workflow server was deployed centrally.
OmniDocs – Enterprise Content Management System was used for archiving the digitized documents in appropriate folders after the process was completed or directly archiving images and other electronic documents. With the help of the Newgen solution, the documents were available anytime and anywhere online. The system provided not only rights-based access but also comprehensive audit trails, version management. OmniDocs shall be deployed centrally at the central site. The solution will also be used for future search and retrieval of the documents.
Automated CSV Upload Utility – The Uploading utility was used to pool the images and CSV (which is containing the indexing information) and initiated a work item.