What is Business Process Management Software?
Processes lie at the core of every business. They are central to every department and team across an organization and are critical to business outcomes. A business process management software is a process automation tool that helps organizations better manage their processes and workflows. It aims to increase efficiency, agility, and output in daily business operations.
With BPM software, organizations can model, analyze, monitor, optimize and automate business processes. It helps improve the efficiency of business processes by removing any redundant step, doing away with paper-based and manual work steps, and eliminating bottlenecks. BPM helps businesses generate tremendous competitive advantage by cutting down costs, ensuring process excellence, and continuous process improvement.
BPM has seen wide adoption by enterprises globally and is a must-have for any organization that is seeking to remain competitive in today’s modern digital world.
How has BPM Evolved?
The term Business Process Management Suite was first coined by the Analyst firm Gartner in the 2000s to refer to software that handles process modeling and management. The focus of businesses was primarily cost reduction and improving process efficiencies, and BPM software perfectly catered to this need. With time, the focus of organizations shifted from cost reduction to customer centricity and the traditional BPM software evolved to include capabilities like analytics and complex event processing to accommodate dynamic business needs. Gartner coined the term Intelligent Business Process Management Suite for this newly evolved BPM.
Today the need for delivering better customer experience and holistic customer journeys is setting the context for automation and technology investment. BPM continues to evolve, and several new acronyms are out in the market today such as digital process automation and intelligent process automation, with a wider scope than BPM. Organizations today want to change their processes to enhance collaboration, support, and innovation, that can help them deliver excellent customer experience. The BPM of the future is more advanced and powerful than ever before. Equipped with capabilities like low code, artificial intelligence and robotic process automation, the evolved, modern-day BPM is at the center of digital transformation.
Why Modernize Business Process Management System?
Relying on traditional BPM software can slow down your organization and render you less competitive. Here are the reasons why you must upgrade your BPM:
- Traditional BPM is hard-coded. Making changes on the fly is difficult
- Modern low code BPM systems lend speed and agility
- Intelligent automation with the latest technologies is the need of the hour
- Employees expect real-time collaboration
- Time-to-market is reduced with rapid application development
- Automation of mundane tasks with Robotic Process Automation
- Massive improvement in employee productivity
- Enhanced visibility across processes
- Quicker resolution of process bottlenecks with 360-degree insights
- Increased scalability takes care of future business needs
- Enhanced customer experience and engagement
- Continuous process improvement
- Accelerated revenue growth
What to Look for in an Ideal BPM Software?
Listed here are 14 key considerations for selecting an ideal business process management software:
- Easy modeling of processes and forms
- Orchestration capability
- Web-app development (UI designer)
- Business rules configuration
- Dynamic case management
- Content management
- Analytics and process insights
- Choice of On-premises or cloud deployment
- Mobile optimization
- Social collaboration features
- Integration capability with other systems
- Administrator features and role-based access control
- Robotic process automation
How Does Newgen Solve for Your BPM Needs?
Rapid Application Development
Rapidly design, develop, and implement powerful enterprise-grade applications for web and mobile with easy point-and-click configurability while leveraging a robust low code platform. Create domain-rich solutions to cater to dynamically evolving business requirements
Business Process Automation
Automate complex, content-centric, enterprise-wide business processes, while centrally managing agile business rules and streamlining processes through integrated robotic process automation. Furthermore, respond to unanticipated scenarios by leveraging the platform’s dynamic case management capabilities
Capture, manage, and consume content, generated in the context of business processes. Derive context from information, residing across various sources and deliver personalized communications to customers across multiple touchpoints
Continuously optimize business processes to enhance customer experience, improve employee productivity, and reduce operational costs with process analytics, intelligent recommendations, real-time reporting, and monitoring