Yes, you read that right!
Reading people’s minds is a superpower that most of us would love to have. While social listening is not exactly mind reading, it is as close as it gets for modern business leaders.
In today’s sense-and-respond environment, the importance of customer experience cannot be overemphasized. You must know what your customers are saying about your organization—how much do they love your brand? Are they satisfied with your services? What’s bothering them the most?
However, despite having a digital presence and a willingness to transform customer experiences, efforts often fall flat. Sound relatable? Keep reading to learn how you can bridge the gap between expectations and reality.
Quick Rewind … What’s Social Listening?
As the name suggests, social listening allows you to figure out what your audience is saying on your different channels and track conversations as well as mentions related to your brand, your peers, and their products and services. With the right approach, you can analyze the gathered data and take immediate actions in response.
Why Don’t Brands Listen? Where’s the Gap?
With the overwhelming amount of noise on social media platforms and other customer engagement channels, including phone, live chats, messaging apps, SMS, and websites, separating the signals from the noise becomes a daunting task. Organizations often:
- Fail to deliver personalized experiences across the customer journey
- Lack an omnichannel approach to reach out to customers
- Lack access to contextually accurate information
- Do not have a scalable customer experience strategy
And all this often leads to dissatisfied or lost customers.
Let’s Take a Look at Statistics on Customer Service
- 82% of consumers look for an immediate response from brands on marketing or sales questions
- 96% of customers say customer service is important in their choice of loyalty to a brand
- Customers switching companies due to poor service cost U.S. companies a total of $1.6 trillion
These statistics highlight the importance of being where your customers are and leveraging the right technology to deliver consistent, contextual, and omnichannel customer engagement.
Leverage Digital and Social Sensing for Listening to Your Customers Anytime, Anywhere
To help you meet your customers’ expectations, an integrated digital and social sensing solution—backed by machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities is the key. The solution will help you understand the pulse of your customers’ needs and:
- Understand their point of view and expectations from your organization
- Monitor and capture cross-channel conversations
- Analyze each interaction’s content and context to provide meaningful insights
- Analyze important keywords and identify the right sentiments
- Send and track relevant communications
The Final Word
The time is now for you to shift your focus from process or channel to your customers, and understand their needs, expectations, and perceptions to be able to successfully transform their experiences.