- By 2023, over half of the medium to large enterprises will have adopted low code as one of their strategic application platforms – Gartner
- By 2024, more than 65% of application development will be done on low code platforms and 75% of large enterprises will be using at least four low code development tools – Gartner
- A market study by Forrester expects the market for low code development platforms to increase to $21.2 billion by 2022, up from $3.8 billion in 2017 – Forrester
What stands out in the above data points is that low code is an opportunity you simply cannot miss!
As a business leader, you deal with evolving customer expectations and changing market needs. This requires you to be faster than your competition and respond to dynamic business requirements with speed and agility. So, the time to embrace low code is now!
And if you are still deliberating, here are the five key business values you can unlock by investing in low code:
- Achieve Faster Go-to-market: Low code helps slash enterprise application development time significantly. Reusable application components and web-based drag-and-drop features of low code speed up the application designing process. This ensures that you bring your application faster to market and incorporate changes at the shortest notice!
- Make Your IT More Efficient: Don’t make janitors out of your IT workforce! Most IT teams today spend a significant amount of time in maintaining IT hygiene—continuous upgrades, compliance checks, security certifications, and performance measurements—thereby hampering productivity. Technical debt accrued by organizations is a major factor that increases the technical burden. Low code platforms can significantly reduce these IT overheads and enable your developers to rapidly build applications that can bring in higher business value
- Lower IT Costs: The traditional way of developing enterprise applications is on its way to becoming obsolete. Low code not only enables organizations to keep up with the fast, digital times but also offers significant cost reduction in the long run. With low code, you get faster innovation in lesser time and without adding to your IT headcount
- Delight Customers: Today’s digital native customers’ expectations keep changing rapidly and they want organizations to respond quickly to their changing needs. This is where low code comes as a savior by enabling faster responses and easier change management per market and customer needs
- Improve IT Governance: Shadow IT continues to be a pain point for enterprises. It not only accrues technical debt in the organization but also affects overall risk monitoring. Low code deftly handles shadow IT by reducing dependency on quick-fix third-party applications and enabling a collaboration-driven work environment. The standard modeling environment of low code boosts IT governance by doing away with data, process, and security vulnerabilities
In a nutshell, low code provides a lot more than just speed and agility. Read this whitepaper to get further insights into the core capabilities of low code.