The company is a leading insurance provider in India. They had implemented two key components of Newgen’s digital automation platform – enterprise content management (ECM) and business process management (BPM), for managing a large volume of data and streamlining the underwriting process. The client also chose Newgen’s enterprise mobility solution for conducting business on-the-go.
In a bid to contain the spread of Covid-19, the client wanted the employees to work from home.
To facilitate this, the insurance company urgently reached out to Newgen to set up the required digital infrastructure.
The Need of the Hour
- The client’s requirements:
- Empower employees to work remotely with access to the information stored on the central server
- Enable seamless collaboration across divisional, zonal, and central ofﬁces
- Allow users to effectively capture proposal documents and upload for real-time processing
Newgen ensured business continuity and work from home by:
- Enabling real- time notifications via emails and SMS
- Enabling medical officers to upload medical reports via the mobile application
- Allowing branch users to upload the documents through the mobile application and enabling underwriters
to share their approval based on those documents
- Empowering employees to work remotely, with secure access to the central repository for accessing documents and information
- Enabling teams to collaborate and communicate in a virtual environment