One of the states in India had implemented Newgen’s e-Gov suite, built on key components of our platform – business process management and enterprise content management, to transform their administrative processes.
With the outbreak of COVID-19, the government officials faced the daunting task of managing 24 districts, collaborating with 20 state agencies, and various other departments. They reached out to Newgen to help them in quickly shifting to the remote working environment.
The State’s Requirements
To continue their operations smoothly, they were looking to:
- Digitize physical ﬁles and make them accessible
- Maintain information security and integrity
- Facilitate government ofﬁcials to work remotely
- Enable seamless communication and collaboration
Enabling Continued Administrative Services
Newgen recognized the criticality of the situation and promptly helped in setting up the digital infrastructure enabling the remote working environment.
- Enabled intra-department and inter-state communication by digitizing physical files
- Made electronic files available to the state’s 35 departments and 20,000 users
- Restricted user access for ensuring data security and integrity