The concept of corporate social responsibility (“CSR”) has gained prominence from all avenues. Today, CSR is considered as the most responsible way of doing business for corporates. CSR is not charity or mere donations but a way of doing business as usual, while creating shared values and contributions for social and environment good.
With Newgen’s corporate social responsibility initiatives, we aim to actively contribute towards the social and economic development of the less privileged children. We have concentrated our efforts to raise the human development index of our nation by enhancing quality of life and education of these children.
Our objective is to make CSR a key business process for the sustainable development of community and to have an insightful engagement with stakeholders at large.
Sustainable development goals (SDGs) define a roadmap of progress that is equitable and inclusive. Newgen is contributing to the SDGs through its CSR initiatives by promoting quality education, eradicating hunger & poverty, and promoting education of girl child.
At Newgen, we do not leave any stone unturned when it comes to spending on CSR initiatives. We’ve gone beyond the allotted CSR budget. We’ve spent ₹ 10.508 million, ₹ 10.731 million and ₹ 12.564 million in the last three financial years, in accordance with our CSR policy. The CSR committee is entrusted with the primary responsibility of formulating CSR initiatives of the organization.
Newgen incepted Sadbhavna, a philanthropic educational programme, in the year 2006. The programme aims at the holistic development of children, with the members offering tutorials for scholastic curriculums and guidance for vocational education.
This initiative has been impactful for the beneficiaries; most of the students are pursuing professional courses from renowned universities. Newgenites (volunteers) also assist the program facilitators and professional trainers during these sessions. And, children from the SOS youth hostel are also invited to attend the Sadbhavna sessions. All these successful years of Sadbhavna and the acceptance amongst the beneﬁciaries have motivated us to begin with the ‘Promotion of Education’ as the core agenda under our CSR initiatives.
- Interview with Priyadarshini Nigam, Newgen Software
- Newgen Software Extends Support to 800 Children through Remedial Education Programme in Nandabakkam Higher Secondary School, Sriprembadhur, Chennai
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Starts from the Grounds Up
- Well-defined CSR guidelines can go a long way
- Digital Discovery Paathshalas: Newgen Software Technologies
- Newgen extends support to 2800 Children through Shikshaantra Plus Programme in Govt. Primary School in Harkesh Nagar, Okhla
- Newgen’s Digital Literacy Program Makes the Cut
- Newgen – Digitally Enhancing the Learning Process
- Empowering Kids Through Digital Pathshala
- Newgen Giving Wings to the Leaders of Tomorrow
- Enriching Lives Through Digital Education
- CSR is a key business process for sustainable development of society: Priyadarshini Nigam
- Blog: Do What You Love: Key To Success
- A Balanced Life
- In conversation with Ms. Nigam