“We want to steer towards a digital ecosystem,” “We aim to deliver delightful customer experience,” “We look forward to deploying cutting-edge technologies,” – I often come across these statements while interacting with executives across various industries. And, all these goals have a common underlying message – digital transformation is their organization’s priority.
Digital transformation unarguably has become a critical part of the boardroom agenda for organizations of all sizes and scales. However, 54% of organizations are still struggling with digital transformation initiatives*. There’s a clear divide between digitally determined and digitally distraught organizations. While reaching the “digital nirvana” is a priority for all, a handful of leaders understand digital transformation in the right spirits.
Remember, Digital Transformation is Not Monolithic!
Digital transformation is not about getting hands-on more and more technology. Instead, it’s about ditching those tired and redundant tactics and making a way where innovation can truly ride.
To make the transformative shift, it thus becomes important to dig-in a little deeper and you’ll realize that real digital transformation is not monolithic; it touches every function of your business. The real digital transformation is a continuous journey, steered towards bringing changes and improvements across an organization. It’s about:
- Adding speed and agility to day-to-day operations
- Bringing together people, processes, and systems together in a frictionless manner
- Being contextually accurate with customers while engaging with them
- Ensuring processes are nimble
- Enabling anytime, anywhere operations
The Secret Strategy to Digital Transformation
While it’s imperative to create a digital enterprise to survive now and sustain in the competitive marketplace, you should not rush headlong. Transformation does not happen overnight, and a digital transformation strategy does not come in a box. It requires a clear vision to bridge the gap between expectations and reality. And, once the vision is understood across all levels of your organization and embodied by each employee – half the battle is already won.
Trust Your Digital Transformation Strategy? Here’s a Quick Exercise for You…
Listed here are some of the common identified business goals that most of the business leaders aim to achieve. If your answers to all these questions are encouraging, then you certainly are on the right track in your digital transformation journey. However, if you answered “no” to any of these questions, it may be the time to redefine your digital transformation strategy.
- Are you exceeding your customers’ expectations and are ahead of your peers?
- Can you sustain your business in a connected world and are prepared for the unexpected?
- Can you seamlessly enable remote operations?
- Can you optimize costs and increase efficiency without compromising on innovation or customer experience?
- Can you easily mitigate risk and ensure compliance to future-proof your enterprise?
- Are you leveraging the full potential of your existing investment in digital?
The Final Word!
Organizational leaders who believe they’re done with digital transformation, it’s time to rethink and understand that digital transformation is a journey, not a destination.
The path towards digital transformation is ever-evolving and to stay current and future-proof, you must keep innovating and be at par with the changing expectations of your customers and competitive marketplace. You must stay mindful of the evolving needs and demands of your customers and business users, and create a strategy to achieve the desired business outcomes.